Sadistic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 110 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm
Latest topics
» WoD Raider Late/Absent Thread
Officers and PVP??? EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am by Snipedpewpew

» Raiding Mindset
Officers and PVP??? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm by Deristus

» Normal Blackrock Foundry
Officers and PVP??? EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm by Damaged

» Heroic Oregorger Video Guides
Officers and PVP??? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am by Cheeko

» Checking in
Officers and PVP??? EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am by Bushie

» Completely unrelated to the game, but...
Officers and PVP??? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm by Sophye

» ADDON- Thogar Assist
Officers and PVP??? EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:01 pm by Cheeko

» Great Sadness
Officers and PVP??? EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm by Lutrinae

» WoL
Officers and PVP??? EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm by Deristus

Keywords

Officers and PVP???

3 posters

Go down

Officers and PVP??? Empty Officers and PVP???

Post by Heelios Thu May 08, 2014 8:15 am

So... everyone seemed excited about some guild pvp when I started pushing for a RBG group, and now no one shows up (IE, where are my other officers?). Last night was called due to only 4 guildies being on, and just like with the heroic progression raid, I am not about to bring in fresh pugs each week;
I expect some consistancy each week with active guild members so we can learn to play as a team.

Shall I just drop the guild RBG night? There seems to be quite a few folks doing OQ to get their conquest on their own instead of waiting for the guild run... does Wednesday not work for everyone? If there is a better night than Wednesday for folks, I can try to float another night as well. Also, a little "
cross-selliing"
with the raiders from Sun/Mon to show up for RBG night would probably help.

Heelios

Back to top Go down

Officers and PVP??? Empty Re: Officers and PVP???

Post by Iffi Thu May 08, 2014 2:02 pm

INCOMING WALL'o'TEXT

We need more people, the problem is it's not exactly easy to recruit pvpers unless we are 2king it up. It's kinda like raid progression. Why join a 5/14H guild when this other guild is 10/14h. At our current rating which I believe is 15-1600 Your gonna run into a lot of people that are gearing or don't listen. Not always mind you there will be times when you end up with good players and the night is great but that's pugging. It's the second season of the end of expansion raid so people are burnt out. it's hard to recruit, committed knowledgeable players.

Should you disband the RBG team? Up to you. I don't lead RBG's but I have lead raids and it seems to be pretty much the same thing. Your gonna have good days and shitty ones. We were ready to call it a month or so back and the night we were talking about it after everyone logged out Wreq whispered me and we ended up absorbing 4 solid players which stabilized the raid. That, in my opinion, is what the RBG team needs a few solid recruits. PVPers seem to be flakier than PVErs so it will not be an easy task.

I am on, pretty much all the time. Last night I was asleep by 7pm. Tink was asleep earlier than that because of going to work at 3am.(sucks to be her) I have 4 fully pvp geared toons. Monk, rogue, spriest, gdruid. I pvp ALL THE TIME.

So, now for the bad. It wouldn't be me if I didn't cover everything.
(This is what I see as someone who RBG's in oqueue a fuck-ton)

Comp. We tend to run with whatever shows up which is suboptimal in a world where people will sit and wait for the right class, debuff, fc, healer. Which is fine IF the goal is to just rbg. If your in it for pushing rating, things get tighter as the skill level will increase. When pugging people that are good you need to grab their rid and be like hey motherfucker... WE WANT YOU PERMANENTLY. Don't just tell them we do rbg's weekly, persecute them like the jews in WWII. Try to get shit scheduled with them early so they are actually on and ready to go. We need to have our collective shit in order or they will be like um fuck no you guys suck. I know, more work but hey, it's the life of a leader.

Communication. There have been quite a few bgs where you can hear a pin drop in mumble. This is sign #1 to me that I need to g.t.f.o. of this group asap because... WE WILL LOSE. Nobody likes losing, will it happen? Yes, but I would rather be outplayed by a better player than outplayed by retards because my team is not communicating. The TC should NEVER EVER EVER not be talking.

Cross-CC. It doesn't happen, It needs to happen. Healers are cc'd, shit needs to DIE. I linked a TC video from Reinhart on the forums, how many people actually watched the entire video? It covers lots of good info.

Negativity. Slater thinks this one is funny because I am as negative as you can get BUT I keep my negativity to the officers. People hitting that PTT button and saying negative shit about the map we got or the other teams rating or whatever, Brings the team down. I chewed on Tinks ass (Not in a good way) when SSM showed up and she was like "
oh noes this sucks"
in mumble. It doesn't need to be said, People need to execute the fucking strat. and guess what? YOU WILL WIN. Its not the maps fault, its people going in already thinking they will lose and not listening, not cc'ing correctly, not being where they are SUPPOSED TO FUCKING BE that causes losses on that map.

Oqueue is a great tool, when used effectively. Set the voice option to mumble. Make it fucking mandatory. No mumble, gtfo. You need to communicate. Hell fuck mumble and go skype for all I care will people whine? Sure, but the question is do you want to win? Will you do whatever it takes to succeed? RBG is not something you can just log in on Wednesdays and expect it to all come together. It takes lots of blood, sweat, and tears to make shit run correctly but when it does its a beautiful thing.

***This post is me trying to communicate the issues I see. It is not meant as an attack and I hope you actually get what I am writing.

Iffi
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Heelios Thu May 08, 2014 4:14 pm

All good points.

Heelios

Back to top Go down

Post by Slater Thu May 08, 2014 8:43 pm

Agree with Iffi on all of those points.

I treat just about everything in this game the same way I treat raiding, I'm all in or I don't do it. When we started pvping I knew nothing about the current state of pvp in MoP, especially not RBGs since they were brand new. So I watched videos, read resto druid guides, etc until I felt like I was good enough to carry my share of the load.

I don't see that same dedication from others on the team or I see the same mistakes being made every week. The 2 biggest ones that I notice are: 1) I always end up being left behind to defend a flag. I'm a healer, I need people around me to heal so I need to stay on the offensive keeping our dudes alive so we can take new flags or nodes or whatever. If I'm left alone at a flag and some horde come to claim it I can annoy them for a little while with moonfire spam, roots, cyclone but eventually they will kill or CC me and take the flag. 2) Tunneling. Targets are being called and then everyone focuses that person and ignores the 2-3 other healers keeping them alive. So we spend 45 seconds killing 1 guy when we could just CC the other healers and kill the guy in 10 seconds.

I'm sure that there's more that I don't notice. I don't care about getting to 2200 or anything but those are some pretty basic pvp mistakes being made that could easily elevate us to 1900 if we fixed them.

I think this is the first pvp night that I've missed since we started. Last week when I logged on there were 5 people online and only 3 of them were 90 and could pvp. The 2-3 weeks before that we had to pug so many spots that it didn't count as a guild group. I don't like doing anything competitive with randoms, I want to play with people I know.

So I guess we either need more people or need to reinvigorate the people that we have. I'd like to get more titles and I definitely want the mounts so I don't want to stop, just want to play with people that I know. Seems like pvp is the similar to raiding in that there's burnout during the long stretch of time between the final patch and a new expansion.

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by Heelios Fri May 09, 2014 9:40 am

Good to know, as well as proving my point. Unfortunatly, the "
typical"
pvper tends to be a lone wolf, running around like an idiot hitting whatever moves. It's a hard habit for some to break, but is still breakable with practice and by others pointing it out. Hence, the need for a consistant RBG team.

You bring up a really good point about the CC's and dispells, and I will relay that to the group before the start of every RBG;
don't forget to slow down the folks around us! For example, I try (when I remember to) mind freeze or strangulate casters or healers when I am burning someone else. Tink is pretty good too about calling out her CC target.

On another note, I need to apologize for not being here last week (work got in the way), but otherwise I am here every Wednesday, and plan to be on regardless throughout. What I really want to see is some raid dedication to the Wednesday run;
on 15m before, strats read, gear on, etc... Once we get a solid corp going, I figured we could worry about specific comps later. Having said that, I really don't want to approach RBGs as if it was a heroic progression raid... I want people to work hard, sure, but I don't want QQing if we lose 2-3 in a row. To me, that is the unique thing about pvp... you can have the best two teams in the world, and one of them is going to lose.

Heelios

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down