Sadistic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 110 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm
Latest topics
» WoD Raider Late/Absent Thread
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am by Snipedpewpew

» Raiding Mindset
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm by Deristus

» Normal Blackrock Foundry
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm by Damaged

» Heroic Oregorger Video Guides
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am by Cheeko

» Checking in
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am by Bushie

» Completely unrelated to the game, but...
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm by Sophye

» ADDON- Thogar Assist
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:01 pm by Cheeko

» Great Sadness
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm by Lutrinae

» WoL
Heroic Thok... sigh EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm by Deristus

Keywords

Heroic Thok... sigh

2 posters

Go down

Heroic Thok... sigh Empty Heroic Thok... sigh

Post by Slater Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:31 am

So I was watching our 2% wipe video yesterday, trying to see if there is anything we can tweak to make it a bit smoother and I noticed 2 huge things.

1) We already talked about this but if I had took that Totem trinket we would've got that kill. I hate you Cheeko for leaving us this past week.

2) This one is much more important. We didn't have a single Mortal Strike on Thok when we ate the NPCs. The raid comp that we had on Monday meant that only Boradinn could put it up. Heroic Thok heals for 8% of his max HP when he eats an NPC. With MS up he heals for 6% instead. Multiply that by 3 NPCs and we had to burn through an extra 6% of his max hp (or 39 million health). It would've been a kill if Boradinn did what he was supposed to do on that fight.

I checked WoL and on some attempts he put it up all 3 times and other attempts (like our best attempt) he didn't even cast it once.

Insert nerd rage here because that should have been a kill if he could just play consistently on every attempt. I even checked to make sure that he wasn't completely out of range when it was time to put up Widow Venom. So there's no excuse other than poor play. RAGE!!!!!!!!

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Heroic Thok... sigh Empty Re: Heroic Thok... sigh

Post by Cheeko Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Ever since getting that trinket I have been regretting it. We had discussed it so much before hand that it would be going to you I don't know why we changed our minds about it. I got greedy cuz I hadn't had an upgrade in months and didn't question it when you gave it to me.

I know Boradinn should know about the MS mechanic in the fight but was it discussed before hand that he was the only one that had the MS and needed to put it up at those times. I know we know the raid comp and who brings what, and it would be nice if everyone did, but that's not always the case. If he was told then that is absolutely poor play and needs to be called out.

You guys did great work, awesome job with the spoils kill, and yes a 2% wipe sucks ass but it dies this week for sure.

Cheeko
Raid Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Slater Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:30 pm

Yeah I mean obviously if he was doing his job properly (which he was on some of the other attempts) it would have been a kill. It also would have been a kill had we stacked up earlier in the fire phase and kited him longer. So the silver lining is that we know we can kill him with or without the MS debuff. Just that inconsistency again that I always talk about that's killing us.

I actually went back and looked at Dalek's trinket procs vs mine (Dalek's 567 totem vs my 574 cleave trinket) and the Totem is so much extra damage. Especially on Thok since the only time that the Cleave trinket procs is when bats are out.

I'm definitely taking the totem next time it drops, regardless of who is in the raid. I even ran some sims yesterday and the 548 totem is more dps for me than the 574 cleave trinket on single target fights. The night that the totem drops I'll probably have to mute or boot Dalek from the raid because the QQ will be epic.

But yeah, Thok definitely dies this week so it's time to start thinking about the pain that is Siegecrafter.

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeko Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:45 pm

Whats the plan this week?

I'm all for starting at posting a Siegecrafter strat and starting at Thok. PRRRRROOOOGRESSION

Though I would like to get a spoils kill at some point lol

Cheeko
Raid Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down