Sadistic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 110 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm
Latest topics
» WoD Raider Late/Absent Thread
End of xpac blues EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am by Snipedpewpew

» Raiding Mindset
End of xpac blues EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm by Deristus

» Normal Blackrock Foundry
End of xpac blues EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm by Damaged

» Heroic Oregorger Video Guides
End of xpac blues EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am by Cheeko

» Checking in
End of xpac blues EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am by Bushie

» Completely unrelated to the game, but...
End of xpac blues EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm by Sophye

» ADDON- Thogar Assist
End of xpac blues EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:01 pm by Cheeko

» Great Sadness
End of xpac blues EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm by Lutrinae

» WoL
End of xpac blues EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm by Deristus

Keywords

End of xpac blues

+2
Deristus
Cheeko
6 posters

Go down

End of xpac blues Empty End of xpac blues

Post by Cheeko Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:42 pm

It's upon us... Well it's been here for a while now for some people. We've been throwing ourselves into the same raid against the same bosses for 10 months now and it's starting to get stale. It's this time in the xpac that tears guilds apart as people drop out one after the other from boredom to inability to play due to clawing eyes out from getting stuck on a boss.

It is also summertime, and a lovely summer at that up here in southern ontario. People have lives and will be out doing things, as for some people it is the only time available to do activities with family.

I ask this, please bear with us and stick it out through the tough times. I will make sure that we have activities to do and try my hardest not to have a night where we cancel a raid. If our core group is not all here on raid night, matey we do an alt run or at least do a couple heroic bosses like sha where people need loot and we know we can 8-9 man it with our gear while carrying some people.

Recruitment has been hard and I have been discouraged by it and I apologize. I literally bumped a post every hour for weeks and didn't have a bite....not even undergeared people. With beta underway, people will start trickling back and hopefully we can get some people and along with the new people we have now, get some alt runs going to get gear so we can have a bench to pull from when mains are away.

One final thing to leave you with. This is a game and we play it to have fun. This is not a job for any of us here. No one is getting paid to play and I think sometimes people get way to serious about it and stress out way too hard. Do I enjoy wiping all night on a boss? Hell no! Do I want people to not be serious when it's raid time? Absolutely not! There's a happy medium. We are a great group of people and excellent raiders. I have enjoyed my time spent with you guys this xpac and I continue to have fun the remainder of it and into warlords!

Cheeko
Raid Leader

Back to top Go down

End of xpac blues Empty Re: End of xpac blues

Post by Deristus Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:47 pm

I just got my cloak and have researched all the heroic fights you guys have done so if you ever need me I can keep myself unsaved to fill in for you guys. I mean I won't do as much damage as all you 580 people but I promise I know how to move out of fire and mechanics etc.

Deristus
Site Admin

http://www.twitch.tv/deristus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashe Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:51 pm

[quote="
Deristus"
:wzb7xwbl]I just got my cloak and have researched all the heroic fights you guys have done so if you ever need me I can keep myself unsaved to fill in for you guys. I mean I won't do as much damage as all you 580 people but I promise I know how to move out of fire and mechanics etc.

Finally! Got dat cloak! Eh, your damage is still pretty good though. Fuckin huntards. /rage *insert rant about 20% of your damage is autoshot*

But yeah, your ilvl is def getting up there, and should be viable enough for the heroics we have down. And like Cheeko said in his WALL OF TEXT we could carry 1 or 2 dps easily through them. Still, you wouldnt be a carry that much. Shit, when you did garrosh on your really crappy geared paladin, you ended up getting the most interrupts and not dying to mechanics.

But yes, I still vouch for you. I know had you stayed on WoW had your guild not went to shit, you would be easily on-par with us.

Ashe

Back to top Go down

Post by Schlup Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:23 pm

[quote="
Cheeko"
:cvp1uo28]One final thing to leave you with. This is a game and we play it to have fun. This is not a job for any of us here. No one is getting paid to play and I think sometimes people get way to serious about it and stress out way too hard.
I actually get paid to play. Though I will try and stay more calm.

Schlup

Back to top Go down

Post by Saveryn Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:46 pm

I know a couple of our guild members who are dying to get some raid time in. Considering that most of us are painfully over-geared for Heroics we can definitely have one or two guildy carries on Sundays. In a couple weeks we could have a viable geared raider that can step up and help us out if a core raider is not available for raid. If any of our dps are willing to bow out this Sunday, maybe we can start gearing an alternate. Carrasu, I know is deeply excited for the opportunity to raid.

Saveryn
Events

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashe Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Were going to tear Sunday up. Dont let last week give us downs!

Ashe

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:57 pm

DIBS FOR BOWING OUT

Admin
Site Admin

https://sadistic.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:02 pm

If we're doing carries then i'll just sit right out till the next xpac.

It doesn't seem anyone has heart anymore in progression so why bother?

Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeko Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:39 pm

We're not "
doing carries"
, we are getting some bench players gear so that they can reliably sub in when core members are away for stuff this summer. I want to do progression as does everyone else I'm sure, but we can't do it when people are away and we don't have geared people to bring in.

Cheeko
Raid Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashe Fri Jul 04, 2014 5:51 pm

[quote="
Cheeko"
:8upktwr9]We're not "
doing carries"
, we are getting some bench players gear so that they can reliably sub in when core members are away for stuff this summer. I want to do progression as does everyone else I'm sure, but we can't do it when people are away and we don't have geared people to bring in.

Thank you Cheeko <

Dalek, just cause everyone isnt FOTM class and can faceroll numbers, does not mean they are scrubs. And as Cheeko said, its not a carry at all. A carry is literally a carry, someone who dies right off the fight so they dont fuck up mechanics.

The people I recommend (Carrasu (Lutrinae too, but Im not recommending we bring him in atm due to ilvl)) I know for sure are not scrubs. They can handle mechanics just as well, if not better, then most of us.

If you want to progress, then this is what has to be done. 300k dps is better then no raid at all. When we wipe to dps issues, then bitching can commence about gear.

Ilvl =/= Skill

Ashe

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:33 pm

[quote="
Demindar"
:3603pxjp][quote="
Cheeko"
:3603pxjp]We're not "
doing carries"

Thank you Cheeko <

Dalek, just cause everyone isnt FOTM class and can faceroll numbers, does not mean they are scrubs. And as Cheeko said, its not a carry at all. A carry is literally a carry, someone who dies right off the fight so they dont fuck up mechanics.

The people I recommend (Carrasu (Lutrinae too, but Im not recommending we bring him in atm due to ilvl)) I know for sure are not scrubs. They can handle mechanics just as well, if not better, then most of us.

If you want to progress, then this is what has to be done. 300k dps is better then no raid at all. When we wipe to dps issues, then bitching can commence about gear.

Ilvl =/= Skill

First off Ive been playing a lock since I started this game many years ago. Just because it's a FOTM can't be the excuse you throw at me cause I know how to play my class. Yes locks are OP but not all of them are good, may i remind you of Darth

"
300k dps is better then no raid at all"
I would expect raiders to being doing this at a minimum. The reason we havent gotten Seigecrafter down, the reason we had over 100 wipes on Malkrok and the reason we are STILL 3 healing that fight is because our CURRENT roster can't avoid simple shit on the ground. AND not to mention some people on this team still havent grasped the concept of target switching yet.

So whats the solution: Lets bring in other people who havent done the fights and get them to learn them while we not progress in heroic kills. Hey lets spend another 30-40mins+ on Immerserus just so people cane see the fight. Oh we only got up to Nazgrim the first night. Oh well.

Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashe Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:57 pm

[quote="
Dalek"
:2vsfpc3i][quote="
Demindar"
:2vsfpc3i][quote="
Cheeko"
:2vsfpc3i]We're not "
doing carries"

Thank you Cheeko <

Ilvl =/= Skill

First off Ive been playing a lock since I started this game many years ago. Just because it's a FOTM can't be the excuse you throw at me cause I know how to play my class. Yes locks are OP but not all of them are good, may i remind you of Darth

"
300k dps is better then no raid at all"
I would expect raiders to being doing this at a minimum. The reason we havent gotten Seigecrafter down, the reason we had over 100 wipes on Malkrok and the reason we are STILL 3 healing that fight is because our CURRENT roster can't avoid simple shit on the ground. AND not to mention some people on this team still havent grasped the concept of target switching yet.

So whats the solution: Lets bring in other people who havent done the fights and get them to learn them while we not progress in heroic kills. Hey lets spend another 30-40mins+ on Immerserus just so people cane see the fight. Oh we only got up to Nazgrim the first night. Oh well.

Well those who wish to join should at least look up the fights. John (Carrasu) has watched my fraps recordings as well as the fatboss guides amongst other videos. And youre right, Malk shouldnt havnt taken 100 pulls. That was because people apparently liked orbs. We havnt had an issue with Malk since then. Mehcanics. Not gear.

I do understand worrying about someone messing up. We all do it. I do it (more often then i should), Sav does it, cheeko does it, iffi does it, and even you do it. While some are really really REALLY retarded mistakes, shit happens. And to quote
because our CURRENT roster can't avoid simple shit on the ground
, thats everyone. Not so much anymore, but everyone does it. Remember when you were joking with Slater about "
not being so nice"
about who took the most fire damage on our Blackfuse attempts, and it turned out to be you? We all make mistakes. Notice how that was progression. After we get the kill, those mistakes near vanish.

I can understand if its a constant thing, but I can assue you that it wont be (unless its progression like Blackfuse).

So instead of bashing new peole before they even raid, give them a chance. If they wipe us to the mechanics over and over and over then sure...complain.

If youre worried about Carrasu, Cheeko has even looked at his armory, and tested his knownledge of his class and adjusting to situations and mechanics.

If youre worried that we will get held back the one, MAYBE two weeks that will put us off, then I really dont know what to tell you. I'd rather raid then not raid.

Not to mention once 6.0 hits, mythic becomes active. Thats 20 people. Our "
heroic"
right now will be considered normal. Even if it doesnt change the terms of difficulty, if we want to still continue "
heroics"
we will need 10 more people. Mine as well gear a few beches right now so when it does hit, we have a few more people.

Ashe

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:11 pm

And all that's fine. I have no problem sitting out the rest of summer.

Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:14 pm

Im sure all will be better when i do

Admin
Site Admin

Back to top Go down