Sadistic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 110 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm
Latest topics
» WoD Raider Late/Absent Thread
PM from Carrasu EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am by Snipedpewpew

» Raiding Mindset
PM from Carrasu EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm by Deristus

» Normal Blackrock Foundry
PM from Carrasu EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm by Damaged

» Heroic Oregorger Video Guides
PM from Carrasu EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am by Cheeko

» Checking in
PM from Carrasu EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am by Bushie

» Completely unrelated to the game, but...
PM from Carrasu EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm by Sophye

» ADDON- Thogar Assist
PM from Carrasu EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:01 pm by Cheeko

» Great Sadness
PM from Carrasu EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm by Lutrinae

» WoL
PM from Carrasu EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm by Deristus

Keywords

PM from Carrasu

4 posters

Go down

PM from Carrasu Empty PM from Carrasu

Post by Iffi Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:00 pm

[quote="
Carrasu"
:1df3hxjy]
Hey man. I saw you said that since you are the GM that all guild related concerns should be addressed to you, so here I am sending you a message. I decided it best that this be a private message and not public because I don't want this to be misinterpreted as me publicly trying to bash anyone or try and make anyone look bad because that is not my intention. Anyways with that said, here is my current concern about tonight (And stems into a bit more
as well).

This isn't the first time something like this has happened, but it was enough for me to finally want to bring it up with one of the officers and I felt best to talk to you being the GM. Sunday nights raid after we got Norushen down I offered to sit out the rest of the night for Birdi for the obvious reason of him having better gear than me and pulling better numbers and for the sake of clearing as much as you can that night as to be more prepared for Monday, progression night. However, during Sundays raid right about after we killed Protectors, Wreq asked me what bosses I need out of here, and I told him all I need is Thok and Siegecrafter (More so Thok because I have had this PvP neck piece for 2 months now), and after that is when I offered to sit for Birdi, assuming that I would be subbed in for at least Thok for a chance at the neck (Why else would he ask that I thought). Well, here is where my problem starts...

Tonight at around when the raid started, most of us were in mumble talking and stuff, and unbeknownst to me, invites to the raid had went out, and we were still talking and stuff, and all of a sudden I see 10 people in SoO and everyone is talking about pulling the boss soon. All the while, I am just sitting here confused because not only was I sat, I was not told I was being sat, there was 0 communication about what the lineup was to be tonight. Obviously I was upset that I didn't get a chance at the neckpiece, but that is probably the least of what got to me. What got to me the most, was the communication, or lack there of. I was not told I was being sat tonight, I was not told I should stick around in case I was needed, I was told... nothing. There was no forum post about the roster like there was the past few weeks, there was just no information about what I was supposed to do. To be quite frank, I felt a little disrespected and devalued that no one felt the need to let me know what the plan was for tonight. If I had been told I was sitting tonight for whatever reason, then that would have been fine, in a guild raiding this sort of content roster swaps happen, people get sat, I 100% understand that. What I do not understand, is that there was very little to no communication about who was in for what boss or what was going on, and there stems another issue.

For the past months or so, I've been sort of quietly lurking in the shadows, just logging on for raids, doing what I was told and not really speaking my mind or doing anything other than what I was told to do or what the raid needed, which I was fine doing, but little things like this kept adding up and kept getting to me. To sum it all up, I believe that there is a very distinct lack of communication between the officers that discuss what the plans are and what we are doing between them and regular raiders. Just a quick example, that one night where it was decided we were going to try a strategy where Dalek was going to attempt to solo every belt phase and the hunter team was now on the ground. This totally blindsided me. This sounded like it was a predetermined plan and I feel should have been posted before the raid to give everyone a chance to prepare for that, because honestly while I had a basic knowledge of the ground part of the fight worked, almost all of my focus and research was put into learning how to do the belts as optimally as I could with minimal error, which in the end I believe I did rather well. That is just one example of many I have encountered due to lack of communication between officers and raiders.

To sum all of this up I would like to say, I am not mad, angry, or any variation of that. The one thing I am though is very confused. Confused because I am always hearing different things from different people and some things that are said are going to be done, just aren't being done. (Weekly log reviews and posting about performance, weekly roster lineups, etc). This week there was no communication at all as to what was going on, and more than just me were confused by this I think (Speculation on my part, I am speaking for myself in this message). So there it is, a culmination of my thoughts from raiding with you guys over the past few months in terms of communication. I hope I didn't offend you or any of the other officers with anything I have said, as it was not my intention, just my take on what has been going on and my perspective of it. Honestly I think a lot of this could be solved with just more communication, more forum posts about plans, strategy's, roster line-ups and just letting everyone know what is going to happen each raid night so everyone can be prepared for it accordingly.

P.S I know managing the raid isn't really your department, but I thought it best to send you the message to pass along to Slater or whoever decides what the plan is because I honestly haven't spoken to Slater once yet since he was gone the entire time I was raiding with you all and working on Siegecrafter and I felt more comfortable talking to you about this first

Opinions, Ideas?

Iffi
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

PM from Carrasu Empty Re: PM from Carrasu

Post by Wreqtangle Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:31 pm

Some good points here and there. Some over sights. Seems like something that we should all discuss at some point tonight if possible

Wreqtangle
Performance Review

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheeko Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:04 pm

I somewhat understand where he is coming from and the things I wanted to discuss with him in mumble is his concerns about communication about roster and whatnot were addressed in Slater's "
Moving Forward"
post.

As far as the roster goes for these 10 man raids it's going to vary based on performance, raid comp, attendance, etc so I would ask that raiders be online before the raid is scheduled to start (6:45 server time).

We aren't going to be posting a roster because it can change based on if the person is late, how they are performing etc. Slater and I had set up an entire roster per fight for Monday which got thrown out of whack because of people not showing up, not reading the forums or not caring.

The Dalek thing for siegecrafter was not something we came up with well in advance so we couldnt really post it. That was something that we worked on a couple hours before raid.

Finally we stated in many previous posts and raids that we will be taking into consideration what pieces someone needs for each boss but its not a guarantee that we are going to put you in for that fight especially when he isn't going to be in our push to Garrosh.

Cheeko
Raid Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Slater Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:21 pm

Definitely some good points there. Communication is lacking for sure (in both directions) and we should try our best to be more pro-active. At the same time, people need to tell us about absences or if they are going to be late (I'm looking at you Molley).

My issue with posting a roster ahead of time is 2 things. 1)Everyone seems to want to debate stuff lately so if a roster is posted I'm sure people will debate it. "
I don't need that boss so i'm going to sit and let so-and-so take my place"
"
I need loot from that boss but I'm not on the roster for it!!! WTFBBQLASERS!!!"
"
I see where I stand on the pecking order now. QQ"

2) If people see that they aren't on the roster for a given boss/night they won't log in. Then we run into the issue we had this week on Siegecrafter where I would've loved to replace 1 or 2 people but we couldn't because no one else was online. The bench only works when people are actually online or, at the very least, on BNet.

And, like Cheeko said, a lot of what Carrasu was upset about was stuff that I had already posted. I think people like to skim the forums or think that certain topics don't apply to them.

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by Iffi Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:57 pm

I get it but at the same time, our focus currently is not neck pieces. I think we need to do something along the lines of:

You need to be online from 7-10 server, Sunday and Monday or -dkp will begin to accrue. People need to be replaced asap. I don't mean from the active line-up, from the guild in general, Bob join us to raid, Bob no shows 2 nights in a row, Bob is fucking gone. Set the standard, the rest will fall in line.

We need to lock posts literally as we make them. This will help with the fucking debate sessions. I almost locked the "
what are you gonna be thread"
because it has degenerated into the Glacie and Ashe hour.

I really feel we need a public execution.

Iffi
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum