Sadistic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 110 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm
Latest topics
» WoD Raider Late/Absent Thread
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am by Snipedpewpew

» Raiding Mindset
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm by Deristus

» Normal Blackrock Foundry
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm by Damaged

» Heroic Oregorger Video Guides
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am by Cheeko

» Checking in
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am by Bushie

» Completely unrelated to the game, but...
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm by Sophye

» ADDON- Thogar Assist
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:01 pm by Cheeko

» Great Sadness
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm by Lutrinae

» WoL
Raid on May 11 - 12 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm by Deristus

Keywords

Raid on May 11 - 12

+2
Ashe
Slater
6 posters

Go down

Raid on May 11 - 12 Empty Raid on May 11 - 12

Post by Slater Thu May 08, 2014 8:28 pm

TL;
DR
: Read the post, look at the logs, and think about sad pandas.

Last week did not go as planned. I was expecting 9 or 10 boss kills on Sunday night, Thok dead on Monday, and some attempts to play with the belt and positioning on Siegecrafter. We didn't meet any of those goals.

I strongly encourage everyone to look at these [url=http:
//www.
warcraftlogs.
com/reports/ArLjncX6fQDhpwbx#boss=-2&
type=deaths:20dmosmr]logs[/url:20dmosmr]. This is the death log for Sunday night. If there isn't a 100% next to your name on a given wipe it means you died. Clicking on that number will take you to your individual death log so you can see exactly what killed you.

Here's a screen shot if you look at the logs.

[attachment=1:20dmosmr]Player Deaths.PNG[/attachment:20dmosmr]

That's a lot of deaths on a lot of what should be easy bosses for us at this point.

Here's some cliff notes:

- Immerseus saw a ton deaths due to people standing in the pools for WAY too long or stacking up their debuff way too high

- Fallen Protectors, Norushen, Sha of Pride all went pretty smoothly

- Galakras was a shit show. We use the same exact strat every week with respect to the fireballs in P2. As a reminder on how the fireballs work (on every difficulty), you have to run the fireball THROUGH other members of the raid and have it explode behind the group. When you drop the fireball in the group or in front of the group it hasn't gone through enough people and it hits extremely hard. Pretty basic stuff.

- Juggernaut saw a lot of deaths due to people taking avoidable damage and then getting hit with something unavoidable a second later. Have to dodge Cannon Barrage and Ricochet as much as possible. We also had trouble with the mines last week for some reason. Gotta use a strong defensive CD if you are going to soak a mine.

- Dark Shamans again saw people taking avoidable damage. A lot of toxic storm damage going out when it's a completely avoidable mechanic. Remember with the Iron Prison debuff that you have to call it out early if you can't soak it alone and need a shield. I remember a few weeks ago we killed Shamans and no one called out for a shield because everyone was using their Defensive CDs for it. It should be like that every week.

- Nazgrim saw issues with people getting melee'd by the adds. Pretty much every add in that fight can 1 or 2 shot you if you let them melee you. Also, had Backstab deaths and Shockwave deaths. Both of those should never happen.

- Malkorok saw the same old stuff as usual. Too many people touching orbs and then not having a shield available for void zone soaking. We also had smash and breath deaths. With the number of times Dalek calls out the colours no one should ever get hit with that. Every Malk kill that we've had so far looks the exact same on the logs.

[attachment=0:20dmosmr]Malk kill.PNG[/attachment:20dmosmr]

Very low damage taken from the orbs. Most of the orbs were soaked by people with big CDs or immunities. And on that kill 3 people didn't get hit with a single orb! That's how we get a Malk kill every week.

- Spoils took some time this week which surprised me. I see in the logs that there was a lot of damage taken from the stone statues and sparks in Room 2. Statues do need to be cleaved down and Spark damage is totally avoidable. Once we got that sorted out we were fine.

- There wasn't anything consistently wrong on Thok. Basically every attempt saw at least one person have a brain fart. Whether it was an early transition or someone being a hero and getting chomped, there wasn't any one thing that stands out there. Just need one solid attempt where no one makes any mistakes and we'll get an easy kill.

The point I'm taking forever to make here is that regardless of how high our ilvls get we still need to treat Heroic Immerseus as serious as Heroic Thok. We can't ignore mechanics just because it's an early boss in SoO that we've killed dozens of times. We wasted at least a third of our raid time last week wiping to content that we've killed many times.

If for some crazy reason we are unable to consistently down the first 9-10 bosses on Sunday nights I'll start extending the raid lock. Remember, the goal here is to kill heroic Garrosh while it is current. We've been in SoO for 8 months now, it's getting stale (especially the first half of it) so if we start slowing down I'll just extend the lock permanently and we'll be all progression all the time.

Because of all of that we're going to extend the raid lock this week and get a Thok kill. We need a new boss kill more than we need to wipe on Immerseus, Juggernaut, or Malkorok. With multiple sub 10% wipes on Thok it's obvious that we can do it and hopefully starting on him Sunday night with everyone fresh is what we need to get it done.

6.0 is getting closer every week so we need to get moving if we're going to get some sweet achievements, heroic heirlooms and glory.

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Raid on May 11 - 12 Empty Re: Raid on May 11 - 12

Post by Ashe Fri May 09, 2014 11:02 am

I agree with extending fully. Our Avg ilvl is about 571 together as a group / guild. Seeing as max ilvl (excluding Warforged) is 574, we are way over geared for the remaining fights.

As much as I would LOVVVVE the tier chest off Sha, Rings off Galakras, ect. I think we should be focusing on sole progression now. At least til we get our first Heroic Garrosh Kill.

After Thok goes down (Which he will, hopefully this week) then we really only have 2 hard bosses left: Siege and Garrosh. And they are rough. (I didnt mention paragons because that should be an easier fight. 80% of the guilds that have killed H Siege have killed H Paragons. Thats pretty huge.)

Ashe

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacie Fri May 09, 2014 4:42 pm

Progression should take up the next few lockouts to insure the kill.

In the mean time if anyone does need gear from the first 10, find a raid that can give you those bosses and just get up to Thok.

After reading the my own logs I am VERY Guilty of dying to shit that would otherwise be a faceroll. (Such as dying to Iron Prison). I will be working on my own awareness a bit more to keep up with the raid.

Glacie

Back to top Go down

Post by Iffi Fri May 09, 2014 9:11 pm

It would seem I am allergic to Malkorak's balls. Teehee

Iffi
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Boradinn Sat May 10, 2014 1:27 pm

[quote="
Glacie"
:1gxa2dxe]...In the mean time if anyone does need gear from the first 10, find a raid that can give you those bosses and just get up to Thok...

You can't do that. You can only do ONE heroic lockout per week. If you get saved to someone else's heroic lockout we can't bring you to ours.

Boradinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Glacie Sat May 10, 2014 2:21 pm

[quote="
Boradinn"
:34na9rrf][quote="
Glacie"
:34na9rrf]...In the mean time if anyone does need gear from the first 10, find a raid that can give you those bosses and just get up to Thok...

You can't do that. You can only do ONE heroic lockout per week. If you get saved to someone else's heroic lockout we can't bring you to ours.

Ah, true, totally forgot about that...But that still doesn't stop me from doing Normal no? If so, then i'm just rounding off an off set for Fire.

Glacie

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat May 10, 2014 4:31 pm

I like biscuits

Admin
Site Admin

https://sadistic.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content