Sadistic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 110 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm
Latest topics
» WoD Raider Late/Absent Thread
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am by Snipedpewpew

» Raiding Mindset
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm by Deristus

» Normal Blackrock Foundry
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm by Damaged

» Heroic Oregorger Video Guides
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am by Cheeko

» Checking in
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am by Bushie

» Completely unrelated to the game, but...
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm by Sophye

» ADDON- Thogar Assist
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:01 pm by Cheeko

» Great Sadness
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm by Lutrinae

» WoL
Raid this week (May 18-19) EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm by Deristus

Keywords

Raid this week (May 18-19)

5 posters

Go down

Raid this week (May 18-19) Empty Raid this week (May 18-19)

Post by Slater Mon May 12, 2014 9:55 pm

It's frustrating that I have to write something like this up every week. I'm not entirely sure if people are reading this or not. And if they are, I'm not sure that people are getting it.

We are extremely overgeared for heroic Thok (and normal SoO) and we are still struggling with the same things every week.

- Aggro was an issue this week which is a combo of 3 things: Tank snap aggro wasn't there, MD either wasn't there or strong enough, DPS don't know how to wait for 2 damn sunders before opening up with everything

- Healing was an issue when we were 3 healing. Watching the videos of all of our attempts it seems like triage is an issue. People are losing different amounts of HP to the roar depending on what defensive CDs they have up or what shields they have up and healers are healing the high HP people over the lower HP people. I know it was rough not having any pally CDs this week but missing those CDs wasn't the reason that people were dying on roar 10.

- DPS was all over the place. Some attempts Thok was at 30% at the end of the frost phase, other attempts he was at 50%. The numbers should not swing that wildly.

- Chomps. No one should ever get chomped using the strat that we're using. No one.

- Double or triple fixates should never happen. You have to run to Thok once the fixate on you has ended so he doesn't pick you again. I've said this many times.

- The mumble chatter is getting really bad lately. During a boss attempt mumble needs to be kept clear for raid calls. I don't want to hear how you died, I don't want to hear any excuses, I don't want to hear different strats while we're fighting a boss. Save it for the run back.

- Speaking of running back, if we don't have a mass res or single resses available you need to run back. That means everyone. You are not special and you don't get to sit there chatting away while we're running back.

- Mortal strike. It must be up every single time Thok is going to eat an NPC. No excuses. Doesn't matter if you were the last fixate, it must be up. We've had sub 10% wipes where MS wasn't up and those could have been kill shots if it was. The 2% wipe we had 2 weeks ago didn't have a single MS up, that should have been a kill. Those 3 GCDs (one for each NPC) adds up to 39 million HP that the raid doesn't have to take away from Thok.

- I've said this before but raid night is raid night. Whether it's farm content or progression it needs to be treated as progression. The wipes and deaths tonight on Normal content was truly pathetic given our experience and ilvl. We're much better players than that and I expect more from you.

- Preparation. We're at the hardest bosses that SoO has to offer. I expect everyone to have watched videos and read up on the fights ahead of us. People have asked questions about Thok or Siegecrafter that they should already know the answer to if they had done the research.

What I have taken away from raiding the past 2-3 weeks is that people don't care about actually making progress. It's easy for everyone to say that they want heroic Garrosh dead but when it comes time to deliver we simply aren't doing what we need to be doing.

So we're going to be opening up recruitment again. We'll be looking for anyone with ilvls and experience comparable to where we're at currently. If we bring in someone who is able to get the job done (whether it's dps, heals, or tanking) then that means someone else will be cut. This applies to everyone (even me). If I'm holding the group back I expect to be replaced. So get it together. I like the group we have now and don't want to replace anyone but as we've said a million times now, the goal is heroic Garrosh. I want him dead more than I want to please everyone in the group. So let's pick up the pace and kill something new next week.

Obviously, we are starting on Thok and we better see Siegecrafter.

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Raid this week (May 18-19) Empty Re: Raid this week (May 18-19)

Post by Jilliumz Tue May 13, 2014 5:19 pm

My computer seems to be running well again, to be safe I am getting 1 or 2 new parts this week and I will be ready to go this Sunday.

Jilliumz
Guild Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Slater Tue May 13, 2014 6:11 pm

It sounded like a RAM issue to me. Or perhaps a PSU issue if you tried to overclock stuff recently. Those seem to be the main culprits behind random reboots while gaming.

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jilliumz Tue May 13, 2014 6:28 pm

It was half psu, half gpu.

edit: I just got another unexpected shutdown.........I will kepp you updated with how things are looking over the next few days.

Jilliumz
Guild Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashe Wed May 14, 2014 10:23 pm

[quote="
Jilliumz"
:21hh6p8p]It was half psu, half gpu.

edit: I just got another unexpected shutdown.........I will kepp you updated with how things are looking over the next few days.

Is it BSoD? Any error codes? If its BSoD you can go into your systems crash logs and find out exactly what is happening.

@Slater;
I agree with everything you said. I hardly ever talk in raid (well I hardly ever talk in Mumble) but its for that reason. Everything needs to be clear in case something needs to be called out.

Fixates CAN be forced. If you get fixated, run close to the boss when it ended, dont stay 1000 yards away. I notice Boradin always trying to get fix fixate by running out far, props to him.

And yes, wiping needs to be done quicker. No spam healing yourself while hoping a dps lives that has an aggro drop such as invis, shadowmeld, vanish, feign. The thing is, that actually lessens the chance for a mass. We have to wait til everyone else is dead to use it. If you just spam heal or kite boss around and we get hit during it at all or it runs out, its done. When a wipe is called, wipe it. Simple as that.

Ashe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jilliumz Thu May 15, 2014 7:16 pm

My computer wont be ready this week. So count me out. This is getting annoying...

Jilliumz
Guild Recruiter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boradinn Fri May 16, 2014 12:12 pm

[quote="
Slater"
:2sghilgs]
- The mumble chatter is getting really bad lately. During a boss attempt mumble needs to be kept clear for raid calls. I don't want to hear how you died, I don't want to hear any excuses, I don't want to hear different strats while we're fighting a boss. Save it for the run back.

You guys need to stop being hypocrites. When Dalek mentions Green Arrow and EVERYONE joins in, oh it's fine. When he keeps mentioning it in subsequent wipes, oh it's so damn funny. But now "
mumble chatter is getting bad"
because we are still wiping to the boss. You either nip it in the bud the first time or you let it go, but being finicky with it when it suits you carries no weight. It just sounds only some are allowed to OT in mumble.

Boradinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Iffi Fri May 16, 2014 3:03 pm

I find it entertaining that the guy that has cost us the kill because he can't get widow venom up is pointing shit out. on our 2% wipe there were ZERO Widow Venom debuff. That is 6% of his life going into fire. Dalek has gotten talked to but honestly that is not any of your business. How about you do your fucking job first and then you can throw rocks at others?

You don't come prepared even though months ago Slater told you that your position on Seigecrafter was pivotal. You didn't even watch a video... Your gone.

Slater is the RL and I typically leave everything raid related to him but I have had it with your fail, your attitude, and your fucking excuses.

Have a nice life.

Iffi
Site Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down