Sadistic
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 110 on Tue May 14, 2019 5:29 pm
Latest topics
» WoD Raider Late/Absent Thread
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 9:28 am by Snipedpewpew

» Raiding Mindset
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 5:10 pm by Deristus

» Normal Blackrock Foundry
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 3:15 pm by Damaged

» Heroic Oregorger Video Guides
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 10:51 am by Cheeko

» Checking in
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 12:15 am by Bushie

» Completely unrelated to the game, but...
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 8:45 pm by Sophye

» ADDON- Thogar Assist
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:01 pm by Cheeko

» Great Sadness
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:38 pm by Lutrinae

» WoL
7 27/28 Raid recap EmptyMon Jan 26, 2015 9:35 pm by Deristus

Keywords

7 27/28 Raid recap

5 posters

Go down

7 27/28 Raid recap Empty 7 27/28 Raid recap

Post by Cheeko Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:45 am

We did a great job Sunday night. Pace was great on the bosses and had some very clean boss kills that have been messy in previous weeks. 2 healing Juggs was very smooth aside from a few random deaths and everyone did a fantastic job on 2 healing Thok. We had an early transition that didn't give us any time to dps in 3rd phase 1, which is usually a really good phase for dps, although we overcame that and actually managed to get a transition during fire phase with everyone alive, which I believe is a first (because we usually never see fire phase lol.)

Monday night siegecrafter progression was great as well. Although I'm upset that we didn't get it down, as I'm sure everyone is, we still had a fantastic night putting some really solid attempts in and getting him down to 7%.

Watching videos from Monday, as well as going over the logs, there is a few things I have noticed that we need to clean up.

1. Avoidable damage is WAAAAAYYYY to high! Adding up the damage that wasn't absorbed from serrated slash and superheated from all attempts for the night we have a range of damage at the low end of 19 million damage up to 45 million damage! I know that's over 29 pulls, though some pulls were very short and this is all AVOIDABLE damage.

2. Defensive CD usage is low overall. While people were using defensive cd's, it wasn't consistent and unfortunately usually not when it really mattered. The one place we need everyone using them is during Magnetic crush phases, like I was saying during our attempts. For example, on our 7% attempt Dalek cut his magnetic crush damage taken from 2.3 million down to 1.6 million by effectively using his defensive cd's.

3. Reaction time. This was getting better as the night went on and people got comfortable, but we need people reacting immediately to harmful spells like locked on. Too many wipes were caused by people taking 3-5 seconds to click the gateway to get out during the magnetic crush phase when they were locked on and dropping fire. If done properly, you get targeted, you click gateway, and fire is dropped starting on the other side of the gateway and not where the raid is standing.

4. Positioning. I think the reason that some people have such high numbers for damage taken is they are getting targeted and freak out and run through fire to drop a sawblade, or don't run fire immediately because someone is in the way etc. Watch the video and have an idea of where you are going to go if you are targeted by something.

This boss is going down next week!

Cheeko
Raid Leader

Back to top Go down

7 27/28 Raid recap Empty Re: 7 27/28 Raid recap

Post by Ashe Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:14 am

Carrasu and I were going over the logs to see where we could do better and stuff while discussing it over skype.

We were looking at the hunters deaths on the belts, and noticed a lot of the deaths is from Fall Damage. Such as here:

"
0.00s Thriving dies from Environment's Falling
-0.34s Environment Falling Thriving 122149 (O: 0)"

Apparently there is a bug that sometimes you will just take fall damage for no reason, so thats kind of shitty for the belt team.

I highly doubt we can do anything about this, but just threw a heads up.

Ashe

Back to top Go down

Post by Schlup Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Any time you disengage onto the belt instead of being placed on it like normal you will take fall dmg when you land from the disengage. Using the self healing talent takes care of this as well as using deterence when there is 1 second left on the 2nd belt timer (when you are standing there waiting to go up for the 2nd belt). Also when there is fire on the ground, wait on the belt for the boss to pull you off, when you land you will be dazed for a couple seconds, during this time be spamming deterrance, you can most likely avoid not only the crush but the fire dmg as well as you run back to the pipe.

Also, don't forget candy, if a mistake is made or you mis a disengage attempt you should be using lock candy.

Schlup

Back to top Go down

Post by Deristus Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:05 pm

It isn't really too big a deal, unless it coincides with other damage and kills us as we land, which barely ever happened. We had a couple of mishaps but I think for the most part we had the belt down pretty good, I see no reason why this boss won't die next week.

Deristus
Site Admin

http://www.twitch.tv/deristus

Back to top Go down

Post by Slater Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:42 pm

Ahh is that why the hunters were taking so much damage in that video? Fall damage? Makes sense I guess. I have [url=http:
//www.
wowhead.
com/item=43332:3n1hpqw1]Glyph of Grace[/url:3n1hpqw1] and [url=http:
//www.
wowhead.
com/spell=145108:3n1hpqw1]Ysera's Gift[/url:3n1hpqw1] so I don't notice fall damage at all. I usually throw a rejuv on myself and my belt pattern every time too although my rejuvs are only like 25k per tick.

Slater
Dalek's Bane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down